Make sure that your shipping prices and services are consistent and reflect Avasam guidelines using this guide
This help article is written for our suppliers and may not be relevant if you are an Avasam seller. To access seller-specific articles, please follow this link.
Sellers need to know the cost of the different shipping services you offer, so they can charge their customers correctly. Likewise, Avasam needs to know the cost so it can accurately invoice them
In this section, you can define the base cost and tax rate for the specified shipping services you are offering to the seller. They need to match the range guidelines set by Avasam, which at present are:
- Standard shipping (3-5 days): below £3.00, excluding VAT
- Standard Tracked shipping (2-3 days): below £4.50, excluding VAT
- Expedited shipping (1-2 days): below £7.00, excluding VAT
You must setup all 3 shipping services, or sellers will not be able to use the automated price rules correctly.
|Shipping Services||This is the name of the service|
|Cost||This is the basic cost (in your specified currency) for an order using this shipping service|
|Tax(%)||This specifies the sales tax rate that is added onto the cost of the service when it is invoiced|
|Status||This specifies if the service is active for use|
Adding a service
To add new services and specify their cost, follow these steps:
- Click the add service button for a new entry to appear on the list.
- Enter a name for the service.
- Select the Avasam vendor from the list to show which shipping company is providing this service:
- Royal Mail
- UK Mail
- Deutche Post
- Any (If your shipping provider is not in the list)
- Specify the base cost and VAT rate for the cost of the shipping service.
- Change the service status to ‘yes’ by clicking on it.
- Click ‘save’ to complete the entry.
- You can undo the changes you make at any time by clicking on the cancel button.
Editing a service
To adjust the details of a service name or the cost or the tax rate:
- Click on the field.
- Edit the contents.
To change an entry active to inactive, or vice-versa:
- Click the status toggle.
a. If it says ‘yes’, and is blue, the shipping service is active and will be available and charged at the cost specified.
b. If it says ‘no’ and is grey, the shipping service is inactive and will not be charged at the cost specified.
Changes and updates
If you make any changes to these settings, Avasam will display the term ‘unsaved changes’ at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
- You can return to the main page at any time without updating the system by clicking on the settings link in the top-left corner, or the cancel button.
- To save the changes you have made and apply them, click on ‘save’.