Suppliers can use the features settings panel to make sure that all their details are correct and to optimise their Avasam workflows
This help article is written for our suppliers and may not be relevant if you are an Avasam seller. To access seller-specific articles, please follow this link.
Avasam integrates with a number of leading shipping and logistics companies, which means you can print labels directly as part of your dispatch process.
When you first start using Avasam, you will have to add shipping intergrations to your profile.
Once you have integrated one or more providers, then your screen will show necessary information for each provider, as seen below:
Add a new shipping provider
The add shipping provider button allows you to integrate a new provider or account to your Avasam profile. You may be able to have more than one account for some providers.
To add or integrate a new shipping provider:
- Click the add button for the relevant provider.
- Specify a name for the integration and click 'next' to proceed.
- Provide information about your company that matches the records of the shipping provider. This may vary by provider. Click 'next' to proceed.
- Fill in all necessary information for integrating with the shipping provider, as shown in the table below:
Field Description API key* Your provider will give you an API key value. Customer account number* Your provider will give you an account number. Weight Select a weight unit from the drop down list. Default weight If an item does not specify a weight, then enter a value which will be provided as a default weight when requesting a label. Dimension Select a unit of measurement from the drop down list for the dimensions. Default height If an item does not specify a height, then enter a value which will be provided as a default height when requesting a label. Default width If an item does not specify a width, then enter a value which will be provided as a default width when requesting a label. Default depth If an item does not specify a depth, then enter a value which will be provided as a default depth when requesting a label.
- Click ‘next’ to continue with the setup. It will The return you to the shipping integrations screen with a new entry for the integration you just setup.
- Avasam can automatically submit your shipping manifests for you. If you do not select ‘yes’ you’ll need to submit them manually each day.
- You can return to the main page by clicking the settings link, or the cancel button.
- If using Linnworks, please ensure that both Avasam and Linnworks are using the same units of measurement.
- Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory and must be completed.
Updating a shipping integration
You can review and update the details of an existing shipping integration as required. To do this:
- Click the entry to open up a detailed view of the selected integration.
- If you want to adjust the details you entered for the shipping integration, click the edit link to review.
- If you make any changes (as indicated by 'unsaved changes' being visible) click the save button to apply them.
- If you are having problems with the connection to your shipping provider, click the reauthorise link.
- Click 'cancel' to discard changes at any point.
Add shipping service
To print labels, you must add one or more shipping services to the integration. To add a shipping service:
- Under the shipping services heading is a drop-down list of services available for this account. Select the relevant service from the list and click the add button.
- The service should now be shown in the list below the drop down field.
- The Shipping Service should have an ID and a name which will be shown to the sellers.
- You can set a minimum and maximum charge value.
- If these are set, then the service will only be shown for sellers to use if the product's price to them falls within the limits set. Otherwise, the item won't make that shipping service available.
- You can set '0' as a minimum value.
- If you want to hide the service from use by any sellers, then you can set the 'active' switch to 'no'.
- Click 'save' to apply any changes.
Remove shipping service
If you are no longer using a shipping service, you can remove it from Avasam.
- Check the list of currently integrated services and choose which service you want to be deleted from the list.
- Click the X button to remove the service and confirm deletion by clicking ‘OK’.
- The service should now be shown in the drop-down field.
You can remove a shipping integration from Avasam by following these steps:
- Choose the shipping integration that you want to remove.
- Click the remove account button.
- Confirm that you wish to delete it by clicking ‘OK’.