Suppliers: Overview of invoice functions
These key functions can be found on the invoices page and provide the tools you need to manage invoices on Avasam
This help article is written for our suppliers and may not be relevant if you are an Avasam seller. To access seller-specific articles, please follow this link.
Sellers pay invoices to you for the products they sell. You do not need to ship orders until the invoices are paid, unless sellers have have been extended credit.
If you haven't received any orders from sellers, there will be no invoices. Likewise, if you select filters that don’t match any orders you will also see the no results found screen.
If an order is cancelled after it has been invoiced, the system will create a credit note for the order value to the seller.
To filter information about your invoices:
- Enter the customer’s details in the search box, or click on 'filter'.
- Choose a fixed time period or a custom date range. This will display orders that were created during the selected period.
- Select which invoice statuses to show or hide: paid, partial paid or unpaid.
You can select which columns are displayed in the list, and in what order the list is sorted. To do this:
- Click on the columns button and review the list of available fields.
- Untick a field name to remove it from the list view.
- Alternatively, tick a field name to add it to the list view.
Viewing invoice information
Each invoice contains a number of orders and is also associated with a seller. To learn about the orders in the invoice:
- Locate the invoice you want to review.
- In the view orders column, you will see one of two symbols:
a. ‘+’ means the invoice is currently closed, and none of the orders are visible.
b. ‘-’ means the invoice is currently open, and the orders in it are already visible.
- To change the status of the invoice, click on these symbols to toggle them.
- When expanded, the separate orders will appear.
- If an order has an active page button, then you can click on it to open the relevant notes. If the button is not active, there will not be notes for the order.
- The preview button is represented by an eye icon and clicking it will open a PDF of the invoice for you to view, save or print.
Payment for invoices
If the payment status for an invoice is ‘partial paid’ or ‘unpaid’, then the take payment button will be active and marked with a £ symbol.
If you want to use Avasam to take a payment directly, you can use the take payment button to process the payment and update the invoice value to reflect this:
- Click on the take payment button.
- In the invoice payment window, you can see the currently outstanding value. Adjust this amount to reflect the payment amount. If needed, enter information about the payment in the notes field.
- Click on ‘pay invoice’ to proceed.
- In the new window, enter the CVC number to authorise the payment. To use an alternative payment option, enter a new payment card.
- Click 'pay invoice' again to complete the payment.
- The cancel button will allow you to return to the invoice list without actioning a payment.
- If you decide not to carry out the payment while on the payment method page, you can click outside of the window to close it.
- A field with a red asterisk (*) must be completed to proceed.
You can send a reminder email to the seller when an invoice is unpaid by clicking the envelope button for the selected invoice.
If the status of the invoice is ‘unpaid’, then the envelope reminder button will be active.
You can export and download a filtered list of invoices using the export option. You will then be able to select from three file formats:
- CSV file
- Acrobat PDF file
- Excel XLS file
Creating a new invoice manually
Using Avasam, you can create a new invoice for orders that don't already have one. This can occur alongside the automatic invoice creation process. To do this:
- Click ‘add invoice’ and enter the correct seller in the search seller box.
- Click on the add orders button.
- By checking the add box, select one or more orders from those available to invoice.
- Click on ‘add orders’ to add them to the invoice. Once you're happy with this list, confirm that all the selected orders have been added.
- Click on ‘add invoice’ to send it to the seller for payment. You can then return to the invoices screen.
The view receivables button will redirect you to the invoice receivable page. This lists which current invoices are outstanding, and if they are overdue.
If you don’t have any invoices, or if you select filters that don’t match any current orders, you’ll see the no results found screen. If relevant, you can remedy this by adjusting your filter settings.
To filter the information displayed about the invoices:
- Enter the seller’s details in the search box and click on ‘filter’.
- To display orders that were created during a particular period, choose a fixed time period or a custom date range.
- Select which invoice statuses to show or hide, from the following:
b. Partial paid
- Click ‘apply’ to filter the results.
Reminding sellers of payment
To send a reminder email to the seller when an invoice is unpaid, click the envelope icon next to the selected invoice.
To preview an invoice:
- Click the corresponding eye icon or preview button to generate a PDF of a particular invoice.
- The resulting file can then be saved or printed.
To print a list of invoices according to a particular filter, c**lick the print button**.