Suppliers can use the features settings panel to make sure that all their details are correct and that team members can access the platform
This help article is written for our suppliers and may not be relevant if you are an Avasam seller. To access seller-specific articles, please follow this link.
Company and contact details
Please make sure all your contact details are correct, as we need them to process your information and to get in contact if necessary. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory and must be completed.
It is crucial that your Avasam account details are filled-in correctly and match those on your wider business records.
The most important information to review here is your contact details, for invoicing and communication purposes, and the returns address, as this would be passed to sellers when you approve a return to be sent.
You can have multiple users in your company authorised to use Avasam in their own name, with different access rights. Individual users require the following fields to be completed:
- User name
- Email address
- Status (active/inactive)
The add user button lets you create a new user account for a member of your team to use Avasam. Each member of your team must have a separate account. To do this:
- Click add user to create a new user, then fill in all fields as prompted.
- Set access rights for the new user, depending on which areas of the platform you want them to have access to. All of these options default to ‘off’.
- Click ‘save' to create the account using the options you have selected. The new user will receive an email prompt from Avasam to login and set their password via the email address specified.
User accounts can be deleted, permanently revoking their access to Avasam.
To delete a user:
- Locate the user you want to delete in the list and click the ‘x’ to the right of the user’s entry.
- Confirm that you want to delete the profile by clicking ‘OK’. You will then be returned to the list of users
Update user details
The details of an account can be edited if you as a user have the correct access rights.
To update user details:
- Locate the user in the list and click on their user name to open the edit window.
- Make any adjustments you wish to make. The record will show ‘unsaved changes’ if you change anything so if you want to keep the amended details click 'save'.
- You will then return to the user list.
You can mark a user’s account as inactive to temporarily revoke their access to Avasam without permanently deleting any of their details.
To deactivate a user:
- Locate the user in the list.
- Click on the user name to open the edit window.
- You can then click the deactivate user button before returning to the user list.
An account marked as inactive has temporarily had their access to Avasam revoked.
To re-activate a user:
- Locate the user in the list then click on the user name to open the edit window.
- Click the reactivate user button to change the user’s status before returning to the user list.
If processing your orders and dispatching them from within Avasam, you can integrate your preferred shipping providers and their servicers here, to allow you to print shipping labels. You can add multiple providers simultaneously, each with more than one service.
Your primary concerns in this section are reject out of stock order, wherein you can decide if the system should reject orders that come in after your stock updates and isn't sufficient.
If you are producing your own products, you may choose to turn this off should you think you can still dispatch within the agreed timeframe.
In the payment settings section, you can update your bank details should they change, ensuring that your disbursement reaches you correctly.
When you have added your supported shipping services, you can specify here which ones are mapped to the supported 3 Avasam shipping options, and their cost.
- Locate the shipping service you want to use.
- Set the Avasam vendor option (The provider, eg Whistl) from the dropdown list.
- Set which if the shipping services it will be associated with. Ensure that the service you are using is compliant with the time on the Avasam service.
- Standard tracked (2-4 days)
- Expedited tracked (1-2 days)
- Standard (3-5 days)
- Specify the cost (inc VAT) for this service to the seller if it will ahve a fixed cost.
- Specify the VAT rate for this shipping service (usually 20%).
- Specify from the dropdown the number of days this service is expected to take to deliver the item.
- If this is a tracked service, toggle tracked to yes.
- If this service will be priced based on weight, toggle weight to yes.
- If this service will be priced based on the overall order value, toggle ordertotal to yes.
- While several shipping services can be matched to an Avasam shipping service, only one can be active for each of the three. That will be toggled to yes under active.
Weight and order total based shipping pricing
Avasam supports pricing for shipping based on the weight or value of the items being shipped. This can be enabled for one or more of the shipping services, instead of fixed cost shipping. More information on using this is available here.
Account details contains information about the currently logged in account. It also allows you to change your password.
Changing your password
- In account details, click on change password.
- Enter your old pasword.
- Enter the new password.
- Re-enter the new password to confirm it
- Click save to apply the change.
If you receive a request to delete personally identifiable information about an EU resident, you can use this section to search for and obfuscate/remove it from Avasam.
If you're printing shipping labels within Avasam, then this section will list the labels you have printed for different services today.
If you're printing shipping labels within Avasam, then this section will list the labels you have printed for different services by day previously.
Avasam lets you export order information in bulk, as a CSV file.
Auto approve returns
Should you choose, rather than have to review and approve return requests, you can let Avasam approve and action them automatically by enabling this control. It defaults to off, with the toggle set to no.