Suppliers can use the features settings panel to make sure that all their details are correct and that team members can access the platform
This help article is written for our suppliers and may not be relevant if you are an Avasam seller. To access seller-specific articles, please follow this link.
Company and contact details
Please make sure all your contact details are correct, as we need them to process your information and to get in contact if necessary. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory and must be completed.
It is crucial that your Avasam account details are fiiled-in correctly and match those on your wider business records.
Company logo and banner
In this section you can upload a company logo and banner, which will be displayed to sellers who find you in Avasam.
Your supplier category helps sellers to find you when looking for a new supplier in a specific industry or product area. Choose the category or categories that best fit your business, even if it is not an exact match.
You can be in more than one category at the same time.
- The supplier category section shows your current categories (if selected).
- Click the browse button to open a list of current categories.
- Select a category to add by clicking on the ‘+’ to its right.
- If a category has subcategories to choose from, it will have a small arrow to the left of it. Click this to toggle its subcategories open or closed.
- You can remove a category from your list by clicking the ‘x’ next to it.
This section allows you to enter some information about your company which acts as a 'hook' or as advertising to sellers.
This section contains settings for document numbering and allows you to format information when printed. Although these settings will initially contain default values, you can customise them. The input fields are:
- Credit note prefix
All credit notes have a document number. This sets the prefix to match your preferred format.
- Credit note starting number
All credit notes have a document number. This sets the next number to be used by Avasam and will be incremented afterwards.
- Return note prefix
All return notes have a document number. This sets the prefix to match your preferred format.
- Return note starting number
All return notes have a document number. This sets the next number to be used by Avasam and will be incremented afterwards.
- Invoice prefix
All invoices have a document number. This sets the prefix to match your preferred format.
- Invoice starting number
All invoices have a document number. This sets the next number to be used by Avasam. All numbers will be incremented.
- Invoice footnotes
This allows you to specify text that will be printed as the footnote for all involves printed by Avasam.
- Show images (Y/N)
The default is ‘yes’. If disabled, only text will be shown for the products in an order when printing an invoice.
All individual users require the following fields to be completed:
- User name
- Email address
- Status (active/inactive)
The add user button lets you create a new user account for a member of your team to use Avasam. Each member of your team must have a separate account. To do this:
- Click add user to create a new user, then fill in all fields as prompted.
- Set access rights for the new user, depending on which areas of the platform you want them to have access to. All of these options default to ‘off’.
- Click ‘save' to create the account using the options you have selected. The new user will receive an email prompt from Avasam to login and set their password via the email address specified.
|Sellers||Allowing access to sellers' records.|
|Orders||Allowing access to orders.|
|Invoice||Allowing access to invoicing.|
|Inventory||Allowing access to stock and inventory levels.|
|Reports||Allowing use of analytics and reporting features.|
|Import||Allowing the user to import data in bulk.|
User accounts can be deleted, permanently revoking their access to Avasam.
To delete a user:
- Locate the user you want to delete in the list and click the ‘x’ to the right of the user’s entry.
- Confirm that you want to delete the profile by clicking ‘OK’. You will then be returned to the list of users
Update user details
The details of an account can be edited if you as a user have the correct access rights.
To update user details:
- Locate the user in the list and click on their user name to open the edit window.
- Make any adjustments you wish to make. The record will show ‘unsaved changes’ if you change anything so if you want to keep the amended details click 'save'.
- You will then return to the user list.
You can mark a user’s account as inactive to temporarily revoke their access to Avasam without permanently deleting any of their details.
To deactivate a user:
- Locate the user in the list.
- Click on the user name to open the edit window.
- You can then click the deactivate user button before returning to the user list.
An account marked as inactive has temporarily had their access to Avasam revoked.
To re-activate a user:
- Locate the user in the list then click on the user name to open the edit window.
- Click the reactivate user button to change the user’s status before returning to the user list.