Shopify maintains categories or types. To get the best performance for your products, you should map the types in Shopify to Avasam xategories
When working with your products in Shopify, mapping Avasam categories to Shopify types will help to ensure that product updates and orders are handled correctly.
Editing existing type mappings
The Shopify type mapping section will list all existing mappings. You can expand this section by clicking on the arrow to the right of the title.
Create a new type mapping
To create a new type mapping:
- Search for the Shopify type you want to map under the Shopify Type heading, or by scrolling down the list.
- Search for the Avasam category to map this against under the Avasam category heading, then select the entry and click ‘map’ to the right of it.
- Click 'save' to apply this mapping to Avasam.
- Changes made will only affect orders downloaded after new mapping is in place. It will not affect orders already in Avasam.
- You can return to the main page at any time without applying the changes by clicking on the sales channel integrations link on the top left, or the cancel button.