Avasam can automatically update your prices in sync with relevant suppliers
Prices might be changed for a variety of commercial reasons, and may be increased or decreased. As such, we recommend using the automated pricing rules to avoid selling at a loss or being at a competitive disadvantage on marketplaces.
To learn how to edit an existing pricing rule click here
To learn how to delete a pricing rule click here
Follow the steps below to create a rule that will update your product prices when:
- The supplier changes the product price
- The supplier changes their shipping price(s)
- You amend an existing rule
- In Avasam, open the settings menu.
- Select the pricing rules option.
- Click the add new rule button.
- Enter a rule name to identify the new rule - The name must be unique and should describe it's use.
- Choose where you want to apply your pricing rule (listings on a specified marketplace or website) by working through the form below.
- Select the source, or type of channel (such as Shopify) from the drop-down list.
- Select the subsource (the specific channel) from the drop-down list.
- Select which supplier(s) you want this rule to affect products from.
- If it will affect products from all suppliers, leave the apply to all suppliers switch set to yes (green).
- If it will only affect a specific supplier's products, set the apply to all suppliers switch to no (grey)
- Select the supplier the rule will affect from the dropdown menu.
- Select the category you want the rule to apply to products from.
- If you set the switch to yes then all categories will be affected. Continue to step 8.
- If you set the switch to no, then you must click browse to select the category or categories of products this rule will be used for. Click browse again once all categories have been selected..
- You can then set up a way for supplier price changes to be reflected in your selling price.
- Select which type of adjustment you want to make (fixed amount or percentage), or you can use both in combination (update by a percentage then add a fixed sum).
- Set the amount to change the price by (e.g. a number such as 2 (£2) for a fixed update or the amount to increase the price by as a percentage, eg 40%).
- Select whether shipping price will be included in the product price by setting the switch to yes. Otherwise the shipping will be separate.
- If yes, then rank the order in which the rule should be choosing from available shipping services by dragging and dropping them.
- This means if expedited tracked is at the top, but an item doesn't have a cost available for it, then the second choice service would be allocated and used to calculate the item cost instead, which might be standard tracked, for example.
- Specify the decimal ending for your prices – all prices will be rounded up to this value (eg with ‘.99‘, £24.75 would become £24.99).
- Ensure you read the statement about the rules engine, and acknowledge it by checking the box.
- Click save to apply the rule in Avasam.
You must also ensure that you enable the Price (inc VAT) update option in your channel integration, under Additional settings for the channel integration this rule applies to, otherwise Avasam cannot control the price of listings.
Please remember that, if using automatic repricing software on listings generated by or controlled by Avasam, they will override any rules or updates made within our sotware. As such, we cannot be held responsible if margins are not covered by the sale price in an order where this software is used, so ensure you check your products and the repricing software regularly.
When listing products on BigCommerce, remember that the price you send can be inclusive or exclusive of tax. This is defined by the tax settings on your store.
If you change the settings on BigCommerce after sync, your uploaded price will change from inc VAT to ex VAT, or vice versa, so ensure it is all setup correctly before listing or updating prices. Otherwise your prices may be higher than expected.