Avasam lets you easily delete customer's information without deleting the orders when necessary
You can easily find out if you hold a customer's information using their name or email address to search Avasam - and then delete it - by following these steps:
- In Avasam, open the settings menu and select the GDPR maintenance option.
- You can then search to check if you hold information on a specified person. Using more information to set up a more detailed search will make it easier to be sure you've identified the right person.
- You can create a search using a name and/or an email address, and use a telephone number and/or postcode to make it more accurate.
- Click 'view' to search. If no results show up, then they may not have ordered from you (or they may have previously asked to be removed).
- Any matching orders will be shown, allowing you to check any that you want to be obfuscated. All other order details will remain (such as items and values) but all personal information will be replaced by random characters - deleted in effect.
- Click 'obfuscate' to clear the personally identifiable information (PII) from the selected orders, then repeat for any other people that have made requests.