Follow these steps to create profiles to import new orders into Avasam
Avasam can import new orders using a CSV file. This is a text file, but can also be opened and edited in a spreadsheet such as Excel. This means that orders placed on a channel Avasam doesn't integrate with can still be fulfilled through the portal.
- In Avasam, open the settings menu.
- Select 'imports'.
- Click on the add configuration button.
- Next, name the import for later reference.
- Select 'order' from the import type drop-down list.
- If you aren't sure of the import file's format, then click on the link to 'download CSV template'. This will give you the correct headings and an example of the content it contains.
- Once your file is ready, click on the upload button.
- Select your file and click 'open'.
- Click the analyse and map button for Avasam to process your CSV file. When complete, Avasam will update the relevant view.
- Check the data preview to ensure you selected the correct file. If not, then return to step 6.
- You need to ensure that the data from the CSV file will be imported into the right place. This takes place in field mapping.
- When Avasam recognises the heading of a field in the file, it will map it to the corresponding field.
- If the field is mapped incorrectly, you can delete the mapping by clicking on the 'x' beside it.
- Any CSV fields not mapped will be found in the CSV field drop-down list.
- Select the field to map from the list, then select the field it should be mapped to in the map to list. Next, click the map field button to apply the mapping.
- Repeat steps 14 and 15 for all fields you want to be imported.
- When complete, click the button marked 'add configuration'.
- You will be returned to the imports screen, and see a list of currently available import configurations with their status.