Avasam integrates with a number of leading shipping & logistics companies, so that you can print labels directly as part of your dispatch process.
When you first loginto Avasam, there won’t be any shipping integrations, so you will see an empty list:
Once you have integrated one or more providers, then you will see a screen more like this:
For each integration, the system shows you:
- Name (shipping provider).
- The account name you have provided.
- Status of the account (Active/Inactive).
Add a new shipping provider
The ‘Add shipping provider’ button allows you start the integration of a new provider or account (you may have more than one account for some providers).
To add/integrate a new shipping provider:
- Click the ‘Add’ button for one of the providers.
- Specify a name for the integration.
- Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Provide information about your company that matches the records of the shipping provider(this may vary by provider).
- Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Complete the information for integrating with the shipping provider:
||Your provider will give you an API key value.
|Customer account number:Required
||Your provider will give you anaccount number.
||Select a weight unit from the dropdown list (Kilograms, Grams, Pounds, Ounces).
||If an item does not specify a weight, then enter a value which will be provided as a default weight when requesting a label.
||Select a unit of measurement from the dropdown list for the dimensions (Millimeters, centimeters, inches).
||If an item does not specify a height, then enter a value which will be provided as a default height when requesting a label.
||If an item does not specify a width, then enter a value which will be provided as a default width when requesting a label.
||If an item does not specify a depth, then enter a value which will be provided as a default depth when requesting a label.
- Click ‘Next’ to continue with the setup.
- Automatically submit manifest:
a. Avasam can automatically submit your shipping manifests for you. If you do not select ‘Yes’ you’ll need to submit them manually each day.
- The ‘Next’ button returns you to the ‘Shipping integrations' screen with a new entry for the integration you just setup.
- You can return to the main page by clicking on the ‘Settings’ link, or the ‘Cancel’ button.
- If using Linnworks, please ensure that both Avasam and Linnworks are using the same units of measurement.
- Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory and must be completed.
Update shipping integration
You can review and update the details of an existing shipping integration as required.
To do this:
- Click the entry to open up a detailed view of the selected integration.
- If you want to edit or adjust the details you entered for the shipping integration, click the ‘Edit’ link to review those details.
- If you make any changes, then the system will show ‘Unsaved changes’, and show the ‘Save’ button.
- Click the ‘Save’ button to apply them.
If you are having problems with the connection to your shipping provider, use the ‘Reauthorise’ link to check if there are any issues connecting tothem.
- Click ‘Cancel’ to discard changes.
Add shipping service
To print labels, you must add one or more shipping services for the integration.
To add a shipping service:
- Under the ‘Shipping services’ heading is a drop down list of services available for this account.
- Select one service from the list.
- Click the ‘Add’ button.
- The service should now be shown in the list below the drop down field.
Remove shipping service
If you are no longer using a shipping service, you can remove it from Avasam.
- Check the list of currently integrated services.
- Select the service to be deleted from the list.
- Click the ‘X’ button to remove the service.
- Confirm deletion by clicking ‘OK’.
- The service should now be shown in the dropdown field.
You can remove a shipping integration from Avasam.
To do this:
- Locate the shipping integration that you want to remove.
- Click on the entry.
- Click the ‘Remove account’ button.
- Confirm that you wish to delete it by clicking ‘OK’.