Order automation sequences
Order automation sequences let you specify actions that will occur automatically when orders are downloaded by Avasam, as long as the criteria you specify are true. One sequence can contain multiple rules and actions.
Avasam does not start with any order automation sequences. Once created, your initial view will show:
- Sequence name:
a. A name to identify what the sequence does.
- Date created.
a. Active (Yes/No).
- If an order automation sequence is inactive, it will not affect orders.
- Once made active, order automation sequences will only affect orders received afterwards.
Adding a new sequence
Avasam supports multiple order automation sequences at any one time.
To add a new sequence:
- Click the ‘Add sequence’ button.
- Set the name for the rule in the ‘Name’ field.
- Enter any additional information required about the purpose of this sequence in the ‘Sequence description’ field.
- Under ‘Rule #1’, and ‘conditions’, select the ‘Parameter’ field from the dropdown list (Channel reference number, for example).
- Select a Connector (a logical condition such as ‘Equals’, ‘Greater than’, ‘contains’ depending on whether it’s a number field or a text one).
- Select the value that the rule will be checking for (i.e. ‘Order total value is greater than 100’)
- Clickthe ‘New condition’ button to add more.
- Select a condition - ‘AND’/‘OR’.
a. If you select AND, then both/all conditions will need to be true for an order, before the action occurs.
b. If you select OR, then if one of the conditions is true for an order, the action will occur.
- Once all conditions are completed, you must setup an action. This is what the sequence should do to the order if the condition(s) are true.
- Select a ‘Parameter’ from the dropdown list – this is the order field to be changed.
- Enter a ‘Value’ – this is what the parameter will be changed to.
- To add another rule (a set of conditions and an action), click on the ‘New rule’ button.
- Click on ‘Save’ to complete the order.
- You can return to the main page at any time by clicking on the ‘Order automation’ link on the top left, or the ‘Cancel’ button.
- Order automation sequences start enabled. They can be disabled if you don’t want them to start running immediately.
Deleting a rule from a sequence
If you have added more than one rule to a sequence, then you can delete one or more of them.
To delete a rule:
- Locate the rule.
- Click the red ‘Delete’ button on that rule.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking the ‘Delete’ button.
- You will be returned to the sequence.
To review and update the rules and actions in a sequence:
- Locate the sequence.
- Click on the entry to review it.
- Edit the conditions or actions as required.
- Click ‘Save’ to apply changes.
Remove/delete an order automation sequence
To remove an entire order sequence from Avasam:
Locate the sequence.
- Click on the entry to open it.
- To delete the entire sequence from Avasam, click on the red ‘Remove sequence’ button.
- To confirm, click on the ‘Remove’ button.
- You will be returned to the list of order automation sequences.
Change sequence status
To disable a sequence to stop it affecting Avasam temporarily:
- Locate the sequence.
- Click on the ‘Status’ control to disable it (if enabled/blue).
- The control will toggle to Inactive/No, and become grey.
- You can re-enable a disabled sequence by clicking on the control to toggle it to Yes/blue.