Sellers pay invoices to you for the products they sell. You do not need to ship those orders until the invoices or paid, unless they have been extended credit.
- When you first login and don’t have any sellers or orders, there will be no invoices. Alternatively, if you select filters that don’t match any orders, you’ll see the ‘No results found’ screen.
To filter information about your invoices:
- Enter the customer’s details in the search/filter box, and/or:
- Click on ‘Filter’.
- Choose a fixed time period or a custom date range to display orders that were created during the selected period and/or;
- Select which invoice statuses to show or hide from:
b. Partial paid.
You can select which columns are displayed for the list, and in what order the list is sorted.
To do this:
- Click on the ‘Columns’ button.
- Review the list of available fields.
- Untick a field name to remove it from the list view.
- Tick a field name to add it to the list view.
Viewing invoice information
Each invoice contains a number of orders, and has its own number. Each is associated with a seller.
To learn about the orders in the invoice:
- Locate the invoice you want to review.
- In the left column (‘View orders’), you will see one of two symbols:
a. ‘+’ means the invoice is currently closed, and none of the orders are visible.
b. ‘-’ means the invoice is currently open, and the orders within are already visible.
- To change the status click on this control to toggle it.
- When expanded, the orders show up under the invoice.
- If an order has an active ‘page’ button (dark blue, not light blue), then you can click on it to open its notes. If the button is not active, there are no notes for the order.
- The ‘Preview’ button, marked with an eye, will open a PDF of the Invoice for you to view, save or print.
Payment for invoices
If the payment status for an invoice is ‘Partial Paid’ or ‘Unpaid’, then the ‘Take payment’ button will be active (dark blue), marked with a ‘£’ symbol.
If you want to take a payment directly within Avasam, you can use the ‘Take payment’ button to process the payment and update the invoice value to reflect this:
- Click on the ‘Take payment’ button.
- In the ‘Invoice payment’ window, you can see the currently outstanding value.
- Adjust the amount in the ‘Invoice amount’ window to reflect the payment amount.
- You can enter information about the payment in the ‘Notes’ field.
- Click on ‘Pay Invoice’ to proceed.
- In the new window, enter the CVC number to authorise payment.
- To use an alternative payment option, enter a new payment card.
- Click ‘Pay Invoice’ to complete the payment.
- The ‘Cancel’ button will allow you to return to the invoice list without actioning a payment.
- If you change your mind on the payment method page, you can click outside of the window to close it.
- A field with a red asterisk (*) by it must be completed to proceed.
Reminders of payment
You can send a reminder email to the seller when an invoice is unpaid.
- Click the ‘envelope’ button for the selected invoice.
- If the status of the invoice is ‘Unpaid’, then the ‘envelope’ reminder button will be active (Dark blue, not light blue).
You can export and download a list of the Invoices that you have filtered using the ‘Export’ option. Select from three file formats:
- CSV file.
- Acrobat PDF file.
- Excel XLS file.