To add a new import:
- Click the ‘Add configuration’ button.
- Specify the name of the import.
- Select the ‘Import type’ from the drop down list.
- Download a CSV template for the selected import.
- Create your import file.
- Click the ‘Upload’ button.
- Once uploaded, click ‘Analyse file’.
- This will open the ‘Field mapping’ screen.
- A ‘Data preview’ will show the first few lines of the import file.
- The list will show all the CSV fields that are already mapped to Avasam fields.
- To map a field:
a. Select an unmapped ‘CSV field’.
b. Select the Avasam field to map it against from the ‘Map to’ drop down list.
c. Click on the ‘Map field’ button.
d. Repeat for all the fields you need to import from the file.
e. Once all the fields are mapped, click the ‘Add configuration’ button.
- To remove a mapping from a configuration, click on the ‘X’ to the right of an entry.
- Once all fields are mapped, the ‘CSV field’ drop down list will be empty.
Delete import configuration
- Select the entry you want to delete.
- Click on the ‘X’ to the right of the name.
- Click ‘OK’.
Edit import configuration
- Select the entry you want to edit.
- Click the ‘Edit’ link.
- Click ‘Save’.
The ‘Logs’ link allows you to review the logs for the previous activity by that import. Each run will have its own log, for example by supplier.
To review a log:
- Identify the import you want to review the logs for.
- Click on ‘Logs’.
- The list of logs for that import configuration will open.
- Click ‘View’ for the import you want to review.
- Click ‘Cancel’ to return to the list.
- Click ‘Cancel’ to return to the import configuration list.
- If a configuration has been used more than once, each run will have its own entry, showing when it started and finished.
If you just want to upload a new version of a previous import, you can re-use an existing configuration.
To re-import a configuration:
- Identify the configuration.
- Click ‘Ready to import’.
- The ‘Upload files’ window will open.
- Click on ‘Upload’ to find and select the import file.
- Click ‘Import’.
- You will be returned to the list of import configurations.
- Click ‘Cancel’, or the ‘Imports’ link to the top left if you decide not to proceed with the import.