The GDPR allows EU nationals to ask you to delete all Personally Identifiable Information (PIN) you hold about them
You can easily find out if you hold a customer's information using their name or email address to search Avasam.
- In Avasam, open the settings menu and select the GDPR maintenance option.
- You can then search this option to check if you hold information on a particular person. Using more information to set up a more detailed search will make it easier to be sure you've identified the right person.
- You can create a search using a name and/or an email address, and use a telephone number or postcode.
- Click 'view' to search. If no results show up, then they may not have ordered from you or may have previously asked to be removed.
- Any matching records will be shown, allowing you to check any that you want to be deleted/obfuscated. All other order details will remain (such as items and values) but all personal information will be replaced by random characters.
- Click 'obfuscate' to clear the PIN from selected orders, then repeat for any other people that have made requests.